Chailey is a thriving, successful school set in rural Sussex, just north of Lewes, and within easy reach of Brighton and Haywards Heath. We are proud of our traditional values and innovative approaches to Teaching and Learning. Staff are friendly, dedicated and supportive; our students are happy and proud to be part of the school. Chailey is a school where teachers and students can thrive.Visitors to Chailey School often comment on the calm teaching environment and fantastic relationships between students and teachers. We had our last Ofsted visit in January 2022 which we were very pleased with.
The Ofsted report contained comments such as:
- ‘This is a kind school. The school’s values of kindness, resilience, independence and creativity permeate everything.’
- ‘Welfare and wellbeing are high priorities in this small rural community school.’
- ‘Pupils are knowledgeable about diversity including Black history and gender equality, sexual orientation and gender identity. Pupils respect different ethnicities and cultures. They value the different contributions that everyone makes.’
- ‘The curriculum is designed well to meet the needs and aspirations of all pupils including the most able.’
- ‘Leaders and governors are ambitious for what pupils can achieve. Parents and guardians speak enthusiastically about the school.’
We believe that this is a very strong foundation from which to aspire to excellence in everything we do.
Attendance & Administration Assistant
Single Status 4 (point 9 - point 10)
Actual Salary: Point 9 £18,692 Point 10 £19,033
Hours Required: 37 hours per week. Term time only plus one week (40 weeks working, paid 46 weeks per year)
Purpose of the role
To support reception and the Data & Attendance Manager in ensuring the school delivers legal requirements and services efficiently and effectively.
You will need to work as part of a team with the school receptionist/administrator and Data & Attendance Manager to meet the needs of the school.
Further details of the role and the application form can be found in the related files.
All completed applications should be returned to Serena Rodd at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clerk to Governors
Single Status 7 FTE:£24,614-£25,271
Hours Required: 130 hours per year
The Governing Body of Chailey School is looking to appoint a Clerk to Governors who is efficient, trustworthy and who has a desire to make a difference to young people’s lives. The successful candidate will work effectively with the Chair of Governors. Candidates will need to have good administrative and IT skills and the ability to communicate with a range of audiences. Extensive training for the role will be provided if required. East Sussex County Council is an authority committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We look forward to receiving your application form, which can be found on our website and which should be returned to Serena Rodd at email@example.com. Your application should comprise:
▪ A letter of application, which includes reference to those aspects of your experience, personality, knowledge and skills which will equip you for these roles;
▪ A fully completed application form.
The selection process will include formal interviews and skills assessment tasks.
Mill Lane, South Chailey
Lewes, East Sussex
Tel: 01273 890407
Head Teacher: Mrs Helen Key
East Sussex County Council is committed to equality of opportunity. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake, or currently hold, a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) clearance for this authority.
Click here to contact us