Keeping Safe Online
Important E-Safety Update regarding Snapchat
Serious safety concerns have been raised about Snapchat's latest update called 'Snap Map' which can reveal a user's exact location on a map and the time of day they were there.
Snap Map can be turned off so that your location is no longer visible on the map by following the steps below:
- open Snapchat onto the camera screen
- pinch inwards on the screen as if to make it smaller
- this takes you to the map screen
- If you have NOT previously set up 'Snap Map, press 'Next' and then select 'Ghost Mode' (only you) - this setting means your location is no longer visible on the map
- If you have HAVE set up 'Snap Map' previously, click on the cog on the top right hand side and swipe the button that says 'Ghost Mode' to activate it
It is important that you discuss the hazards of sharing your real-time location with your child, especially if that information is potentially being shared with strangers.
Putting Student Safety First
Are you worried about your own safety at school or at home?
Worried about another student or adult?
- Talk to a member of staff you trust
- Email the school on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Childline on 0800 1111
Keep Yourself Safe!
- Think before you post
- Check your privacy settings
Police child abuse reporting service
For further information, please refer to the Chailey School Safeguarding Booklet in the 'related files' section of this page.
Click here to contact us